Tuesday 29 January 2013

O Be Joico-Ful!

Since going blonde at 17 (the result of an attempt to cover up a terrible red dye job) my thick, healthy hair has become increasingly dry, damaged and limp and there wasn't much I could do to change it!

I've come to love my blonde locks so going natural wasn't an option for me but with the winter months came further damage, thanks a lot central heating, freezing temperatures and party hair(!), and I needed hair SOS quickly! So when my lovely friend @laurabbeauty introduced me to JOICO I was more than willing to give it a try.



JOICO's K-PAK Hair Care Products were created specifically to 'rebuild, revive, strengthen and hydrate' hair, something my hair definitely needed. As well as those benefits, JOICO's exclusive K-PAK technology claims to 'dramatically increase hair moisture, strength, smoothness, shine repair, to seal the hair cuticle preventing hair colour from fading plus providing hair with body' - yes please!

Based on my hair needs, Laura supplied me with K-PAK Reconstruct Shampoo and Conditioner (both £13.95) K-PAK Intense Hydrator (£13.95) and K-PAK Colour Therapy Restorative Oil (£15.95). So here's how I got on...

K-PAK Reconstruct Shampoo & Conditioner


JOICO's Shampoo and Conditioner have been MIRACLE WORKERS! Intended to internally reconstruct the hair and cuticles whilst removing build up to enhance elasticity, strength and shine, these products are meant for regular usage. After using them regularly for a week my hair felt amazing, thicker, bouncier and much easier to manage! I started using them just after having my hair coloured - when it is normally at its least manageable, bleach will do that to a 'do, but my hair remained salon shiny and healthy without being weighed down. I will definitely be purchasing this fabulous duo when I run out, however the bottles seem to be never ending!

K-PAK Intense Hydrator


This is an intense conditioner to be used weekly on overly dry, damaged hair to leave it softer and shinier. I've found that since using the Reconstruct Shampoo and Conditioner, I haven't had much need for this as my hair has received the perfect amount of moisture from the day to day conditioner. This product is very intensive and I would recommend purchasing it if your hair is extremely dry and damaged or as a monthly treatment for coloured hair. 

K-PAK Colour Therapy Restorative Oil


I was a bit apprehensive about using oil on my hair as the Moroccan Oil left my hair incredibly heavy and limp, but this oil has a much lighter consistency and felt less... well, oily! Plus the claim that it doubles the life of your hair colour's vibrancy really won me over! The weightless formula of this oil means that it can be used as a treatment or a styling product and I can confirm that it is very successful as both. I don't use this every time I wash my hair as I do think it would begin to weigh down my hair, but I do use it once a week on damp hair when it's looking a bit dry or frizzy. I have found that when I dry my hair, after having used the oil, it looks more vibrant and blonde; I would definitely recommend this to anyone with hair that sometimes needs a pick me up.

JOICO is available in hair salons nationwide, you can visit www.joicoeurope.com for a list of stockists. 

Have you ever tried any JOICO products? 

V x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)